Sales teams today have access to more tools than ever before. These tools are designed to help navigate the increasingly complex world of marketing and selling today, a world that’s defined by constantly changing processes and huge amounts of data.
Organizations that aren’t making the most of the wealth of sales tools out there are at a serious disadvantage. Sales and marketing tools aren’t just a useful perk in today’s world, they’re an essential part of running a modern business.
In this article, we’ll show you why sales tools are so important, and then list a few examples of the best sales tools in a number of different categories.
Why are sales tools important?
Whether it’s generating leads, managing your sales pipeline, engaging your customers, or any other critical sales task, there is a tool out there perfectly designed to help you do it better.
Sales technology helps us work more efficiently, close more deals, and make more money. Here are some stats that highlight the value of sales tools:
- In recent years, the number of types of tools used consistently among the majority of respondents has increased by 300%
- 77% of sales professionals now conduct virtual meetings (LinkedIn, 2020)
- Most organizations are spending substantially more on technology now than two years ago.
This paints a clear picture — organizations are ramping up their usage of sales tools and technology in general. Don’t get left behind.
The best sales tools
A good Customer Relationship Manager (CRM) is essential for sales teams to compete in today’s data-driven world. The global CRM software market is growing rapidly — predicted to reach $35 billion by 2023.
Cloud-based CRMs seem to be the preferred type — making up 75% of the market. So what are the best options for CRMs out there?
- HubSpot CRM is one of the best all-around sales platforms on the market. It comes with a wide range of features including customized messaging, analytics, and in-depth reports on just about everything to help you intimately understand your customer base. Best of all, you can start with the platform for free.
- Agile CRM is a great all-in-one solution allowing you to ramp up your sales efforts with tools like email marketing, lead generation, and segmentation. It also comes with a reliable support team.
- Salesforce is arguably the most well-known CRM out there. It’s packed with features from goal management and employee recognition to email integration and a ton of customizable pipeline features. It’s highly user-friendly and serves a huge number of users.
Contract management tools
Back in the pre-digital era, contract management was a simple process involving a piece of paper and a pen. Today, things are a little more complex, often requiring parties to sign documents remotely, through a screen. On top of that, managing paperwork now involves very little paper at all.
The good news is that there are countless excellent tools to help you manage documents and contracts digitally. Here are some of the best:
- Adobe Sign. Simple and user-friendly, Adobe Sign allows you to securely sign documents completely electronically. It’s a trusted company with a long history and many recognizable products, making it a solid choice for simplifying the signing process. It also comes with a range of customizable templates.
- DocuSign is built to streamline the contract approval process. It works quickly to speed things up, is browser-based, and contains features like multi-party signing and reminders when certain deadlines are about to expire.
- GetAccept helps you manage your electronic contracts and documents more easily by saving time and offering highly reliable support
Lead generation and sales tools
One of the most important and challenging jobs for sales teams is generating high-quality leads that stand a good chance of becoming rewarding customers.
There are many tools to help with the various different aspects of this job, from talking to customers to finding contacts in the first place. Here’s our pick of the best:
- Whisbi. Our platform is packed with features to help you start and maintain productive conversations with prospects. Our one-to-one chatbots deal with their initial outreach, filter out good leads from bad, collect data, and transfer promising leads to sales staff. Meanwhile, our one-to-many solution helps you create powerful live streams to reach multiple prospects at once.
- Hubspot. Hubspot’s prospecting software is built to give you a full, detailed view of your sales activities. Easily see who is visiting your site in real-time, filter down leads to focus on the ones that matter, and draw on a wide range of features like email templates, live chat, and notifications for your team.
- Apollo makes it easier than ever to do a whole bunch of essential lead generation activities like prospect leads, find emails, filter leads, create custom drip campaigns, and manage campaigns. It’s built to ensure you find and successfully contact as many quality leads as possible.
While sales today is more complex and data-based than it was in the past, that’s not a bad thing. In fact, this allows us to understand our prospects better, make smart decisions at scale, and grow our businesses more efficiently while giving the right prospects the attention and support they need.
At Whisbi, we can help you connect with your prospects, have meaningful conversations with them, and maximize sales by putting the right leads in touch with your team. To find out more, get in touch with us for a demo.