This guide is all about inbound sales for B2B companies. We’ll take a look at what the best strategy is, how to implement inbound sales, and what the benefits of this technique are. Find out why it’s so important and effective.
What is inbound sales?
Inbound sales is a methodology that prioritizes the needs, challenges, goals, and interests of individual buyers. Contrary to outbound sales, the focus is not on closing a sale as soon as possible – but on educating, informing, nurturing, and guiding your lead through the decision-making process.
What is the difference between inbound and outbound sales?
The act of ‘pulling’ interesting prospects to your company and qualifying them based on their fit. That’s what it’s about with inbound sales. This is a huge difference with outbound sales, where salespeople put in all of the efforts by trying to find the right people for their product or service themselves. Outbound sales is the traditional approach involving cold calls, trade shows, purchased contact lists, and more to ‘push’ your brand’s message out to a large number of people that may (or may not) be interested in your product. On the contrary, inbound sales leads are often referred to as ‘warm leads’, because the prospect has actively expressed interest in the product or service. SDR’s have more information and context about the prospect and are therefore better able to prepare for the inbound sales conversation.
The benefits of inbound sales for B2B
There are numerous benefits of adopting the inbound sales approach in a B2B company. If you combine this method with inbound marketing, it allows you to constantly generate qualified business opportunities. Here are a few benefits:
- Build brand awareness: content is the driving force in inbound marketing and sales. It helps to increase visibility for your company. It attracts new customers and helps to get your brand noticed by a larger audience.
- Generate qualified leads: when you gain awareness it’s very easy to get leads and traffic to your site. Once your prospects start visiting your website and find valuable content, they will automatically turn themselves into potential customers.
- Boost sales and ROI: The more leads you generate, the more sales you have – and of course more sales means more ROI to your business. Inbound sales has the power to accelerate revenue growth once you’ll get a boost in sales.
- Educate your target personas: this inbound method is very much focused on the customers’ needs and providing valuable information. Talk about the challenges that your target audience faces and the higher value your brand can provide.
- Make your brand more human: start building personal relationships with your audience. This way, you create longer-lasting relationships. They go beyond the first purchase.
As listed above: inbound sales has many advantages. It’s one of the most effective strategies for B2B companies in today’s digital world. Start doing inbound sales to increase your ROI, read more about it in this guide.